Before you begin
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 5 x 2.5 hour slots
What you will learn
This is an accessible computer and internet qualification for beginners, certified by the British Computer Society. You'll gain a recognised computer qualification to add to your CV and confidence in using your computer at home or work. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn through five structured sessions:
- Computer Basics - understanding the basic computer parts and terminology, and how to use the computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Introduction to the Desktop - how to use and access computer programs from the Start Menu and Desktop.
- Introduction to Documents - using word processing for documents and letters.
- The World Wide Web - using the internet.
- Email - for keeping in touch with colleagues at work.
Book your place
Book onto the October 2017 course and attend these five dates:
- Wednesday 4 October 2017, 10am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday 11 October 2017, 10am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday 18 October 2017, 10am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday 25 October 2017, 10am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday 1 November 2017, 10am to 12:30pm
You'll need to attend all five dates. Please let us know if this is a problem as we can make alternative arrangements to fit in around working patterns. If you are unable to attend the above advertised course(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.