Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with how to navigate Microsoft Excel. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £5 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create formulae to do calculations, e.g. use AutoSum to find the total of multiple columns of a table
- use relative referencing and absolute referencing to control which cells in your spreadsheet are used in calculations
- use the Formulas tab on the ribbon to find and use a range of calculation types, e.g. find the average
- create Range Names for parts of your spreadsheet and use them in formulae
- insert functions in Excel to do more complex tasks
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.