Before you begin
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £5 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application, which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- understand the Excel screen and navigate the top menu
- create and manage workbooks
- select sections of data from your spreadsheet and use simple formulae to manipulate them
- understand the options for copying data in Excel
- format and align text and numbers in cells
- hide and unhide columns and rows
- create, edit and print charts to display your data
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Wednesday 27 September 2017, 10am to 11.30am
- Tuesday 10 October 2017, 2pm to 3.30pm
- Friday 27 October 2017, 10am to 11.30am
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.