Before you begin
You should have a good working knowledge of Excel and be able to create and manipulate workbooks. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £5 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- set macro security
- save a document as macro enabled
- record, run, edit, copy and delete macros
- record a macro with relative cell references
- record a macro with absolute cell references
- assign a macro to the toolbar
- assign a macro to a ribbon
- place a macro button into a worksheet
- assign a keyboard shortcut to a macro
- write a basic VBA macro
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.