Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with Microsoft Excel and be able to create and manipulate workbooks. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- sort databases by columns, alphabetically or numerically
- filter databases for terms, e.g. find all biologists in a student database
- apply more complex filters and sorts
- add subtotals to a database
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Friday 27 July 2018, 10am to 11.30am
- Monday 20 August 2018, 2pm to 3.30pm
- Tuesday 25 September 2018, 10:15am to 11:45am
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.