Before you begin
This course is for experienced Microsoft Excel users and assumes you already have a good working knowledge of Excel. You should be confident with using the Windows environment and familiar with using Office. If this is not the case, we recommend you take some of our other Excel courses first. These are linked to at the bottom of this page.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to use:
- IF to return a value if something is true
- AND, OR and NOT statements to build IF statements to test if multiple conditions are true
- IFERROR to return a set value if something goes wrong with a function
- CountIF and SumIF to count or sum something if a condition is true
- HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP to find and return values you want from big tables of data
- ROW, COLUMN, ADDRESS, INDIRECT, OFFSET and other reference functions to return specific values or information from or regarding locations
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.