Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with Excel and be able to create and manipulate workbooks. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create a PivotTable which summarises your data
- filter the data in a PivotTable report
- change how the PivotTable summarises your data, with filters, slicers and formatting
- hide and show subtotals to your PivotTable
- manipulate your new PivotTable to give you more information, including running totals, calculated columns and custom names
- change your PivotTable options
- sort your PivotTable based on the new columns
- create and edit a chart from your PivotTable, called a PivotChart
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Friday 2 February 2018, 10am to 12pm
- Wednesday 21 February 2018, 10am to 12pm
- Thursday 8 March 2018, 2pm to 4pm
- Monday 19 March 2018, 2pm to 4pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.