Before you begin
The course presumes you have a working knowledge of another email client, such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, and so are familiar with terms such as mailbox, forward, reply and junk mail.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Outlook is an email client which you can use to send, receive and manage emails and calendar invites. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- write and send an email
- set up an email signature to sign off every email automatically with your job title and any other information
- understand and use Conversations
- search and find your mail
- manage and understand deleted items and junk mail
- set an Out of Office to send automatic replies to emails when you're away or on leave
- flag or tag emails to remind yourself they need acting upon
- using the Tasks bar to find flagged emails
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.