Before you begin
The course presumes you have a working knowledge of another email client, such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, and so are familiar with terms such as mailbox, forward, reply and junk mail.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Outlook is an email client which you can use to send, receive and manage emails and calendar invites. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- write and send an email
- set up an email signature to sign off every email automatically with your job title and any other information
- understand and use Conversations
- search and find your mail
- manage and understand deleted items and junk mail
- set an Out of Office to send automatic replies to emails when you're away or on leave
- flag or tag emails to remind yourself they need acting upon
- using the Tasks bar to find flagged emails
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Friday 27 October 2017, 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 21 November 2017, 2pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 20 December 2017, 2pm to 4pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.