Before you begin
You should be confident with using the Windows environment and familiar with using Office. You should also be able to create a PowerPoint presentation, use slide layouts and use different views of the slide show. If this is not the case we recommend you take our PowerPoint - Get started with making presentations course first.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft PowerPoint is a program used to make animated presentations. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- insert pictures from files and from the web
- edit images you add to your PowerPoint
- use slide master view to manage your slide templates
- insert and edit SmartArt for customized graphics with text, such as flow charts and organisation trees
- insert and edit shapes
- insert video clips and audio clips to play directly from your PowerPoint slides
- use animation and slide transitions to improve the look of your presentation
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Tuesday 30 January 2018, 2pm to 4pm
- Thursday 1 March 2018, 2pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 28 March 2018, 2pm to 4pm
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.