Before you begin
You should be confident with using the Windows environment and familiar with using Office. You should also be able to create a PowerPoint presentation, use slide layouts and use different views of the slide show. If this is not the case we recommend you take our PowerPoint - Get started with making presentations course first.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft PowerPoint is a program used to make animated presentations. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- insert pictures from files and from the web
- edit images you add to your PowerPoint
- use slide master view to manage your slide templates
- insert and edit SmartArt for customized graphics with text, such as flow charts and organisation trees
- insert and edit shapes
- insert video clips and audio clips to play directly from your PowerPoint slides
- use animation and slide transitions to improve the look of your presentation
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Wednesday 25 July 2018, 2pm to 4pm
- Monday 13 August 2018, 2pm to 4pm
- Friday 21 September 2018, 2:15pm to 4:15pm
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.