Before you begin
You should be confident with using the Windows environment and happy to converse with people they may not know using audio and visual calls.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Skype for Business is a program used to make calls, send instant messages and create video conferences online. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- change your settings, location and other details
- find and contact a colleague at the University of Bath
- send and receive instant messages
- make and receive audio and video calls
- share your screen with someone else and show them a file or a PowerPoint presentation
- add someone to your front Skype view
- create a Skype meeting in Outlook
- include a whiteboard, poll or question and answer page within a conversation or conference
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Friday 20 October 2017, 2pm to 4pm
- Thursday 23 November 2017, 10am to 12.30pm
- Thursday 21 December 2017, 10am to 12pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.