If you're moving into University accommodation you'll want to make sure you arrive with all the things you will need in your kitchen and bedroom.
We recommend you bring as little as possible with you as housemates often buy larger items as a group to save space in the kitchen.
However, some useful items to bring with you include:
- tin openers
- frying pans
- sauce pans
- cooking utensils (like spatulas, spoons and sieves)
- cling film
- freezer bags
- oven gloves
- tea towels
- hand and bath towels
- coat hangers
- laundry basket
- toothbrush and toothbrush holder
- washbag for toiletries
- pins for your noticeboard
You can bring your own duvet, duvet cover, pillows and pillow cases, but you can buy bedding from the University if required. Please contact the Student Accommodation Team at the West Accommodation Centre to arrange this.
TVs supplied in University-owned accommodation are covered by a TV Licence.
If you want to access BBC TV content using your own device, you must get a TV Licence.
If you do not have a TV license you are breaking the law if you:
- watch or record programmes as they're being shown on TV or live on an online TV service
- download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.