Before you begin
You should have familiarity with using a computer and the Windows environment. You should have good experience of using Word, including creating tables. If this is not the case we recommend you take either of our Word - Format your documents or Computer and online basics qualification courses.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 3 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Word is a word-processing application which you can use to write and edit text. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create a data source (either a Word table or spreadsheet) for the mail merge
- merge the data source with a Word document template to make multiple bespoke documents
- specify criteria for what to merge
- sort and filter mail merge results
- insert Word fields and create labels for your merge
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Tuesday 20 March 2018, 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday 26 April 2018, 2pm to 5pm
- Friday 18 May 2018, 9.30am to 12.30pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.
Find a related course
Computer and online basics qualification
Excel - Get started with spreadsheets
PowerPoint - Get started with making presentations
Word - Format your documents
Word - Manage dissertations and long documents