Gain a unique insight into the two fields of international education and globalisation as they intersect, on this highly innovative master’s.
Education is increasingly affected by globalisation with a globally mobile and globally connected population. We face a rapidly changing world and education needs to transcend national and cultural boundaries to ensure quality.
Unique among education master's for its focus on the intersection between international education and globalisation, this course gives you an unrivalled opportunity to study the overlap between these two important yet challenging concepts.
Importantly, you will consider educational purposes, methods and approaches relevant to a shifting global landscape. You will also engage in the critical analysis of the assumptions and evidence that underpin policy and practice in international education.
The course will provide cutting edge knowledge, skills and understandings at the intersection between the two fields of study. This, together with our distinctive focus on bridge-building between practice and theory, will prepare you to make a significant future contribution to international education.
Studying at Bath gives you a unique opportunity to work with world-class experts in international education and globalisation who engage in leading edge research. We also offer complementary sessions on study skills and employability and networking opportunities with employers and alumni. This extends your learning and adds richness to the stimulating community of staff and students that you will join.
You will leave this course with:
- a well-rounded knowledge of international education and globalisation, including issues and challenges, research-informed policy and practice, and latest developments
- solid research skills including experience of undertaking your own research, setting you up well for doctoral study if you wish to pursue it
- wider skills such as critical analysis, intercultural communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving
- a qualification that will help to fast-track your career. The international education sector increasingly requires master's-level qualifications for promoted posts, and completing this course in 12 months is an efficient way to progress
- the tools and knowledge to make a significant contribution to policy and practice in international education
We welcome students with diverse experience and interests, including those with professional experience in formal or informal education, charities, non-governmental organisations or government. The course is also highly relevant if you are looking to pursue a career or research in international education, or are seeking promotion in this field.