The University's Professional Development Scheme (PDS) enables individuals to work towards one of the following University of Bath awards:
- Certificate of Higher Education in Professional Development
- Foundation Degree/Diploma of Higher Education in Professional Development
- BA/BSc Honours Degree in Professional Development
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Development
- Masters (MA/MSc) in Professional Development
Individuals negotiate their programme of study and can take units from different departments and/or subject areas where coherence can be demonstrated in terms of their professional context or learning requirements (subject to agreement and availability).
All students are required to take an Integrated Professional Development unit in which they draw together, and reflect on, the content of the range of units taken and relate them to their professional experience. A final dissertation or work-based project unit is required for an Honours or Masters award and students take a research methods unit in preparation for this. Please see our further information on what is required for an award in Professional Development.
If you are interested in working towards a Professional Development qualification, please complete the enquiry form.
Students who have successfully completed a CPD course can apply to use the credits gained to join another University of Bath award. For more information on the awards available please visit our undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses.