Professional Development for Employers
"I found this [CPD course] to be extremely useful and in perfect alignment with the requirements of my new position in my company. As such, I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject, but also wanting to acquire practical skills and knowledge useful in a day-to-day job."
Employers and their staff can benefit from the University’s professional development portfolio by:
- Working with us to develop bespoke courses that are focussed on your specific needs and are scheduled to suit your workplace requirements.
- Identifying units from our undergraduate or postgraduate programmes that would provide valuable professional development and could be adapted for your business needs.
- Enrolling on one of our existing professional development courses to acquire specific skills and knowledge.
Our professional development courses are:
Underpinned by cutting-edge research
- As a University with a research portfolio of over £100 million and more than 550 leading researchers, our courses reflect the latest industry developments and give employers access to this cutting-edge knowledge.
- Courses are led by staff who are experts in their field.
Flexible and accessible
- We offer courses in a variety of formats and styles, such as one-day seminars, week-long courses and distance learning modules.
Staff from Nintendo enhanced their language interpreting and translation skills through a bespoke course at the University which made use of our state-of-the-art language laboratories. Delegates commented that “it has encouraged me to think more systematically about how I approach interpretation” and “it was all inspiring”.