- free one-to-one support
- 50 minutes per student per semester
- available to all students.
Find out more about tutorials including how to book.
For current students
If you are studying on an undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Bath, we offer free academic skills and English classes to support you in your studies. We also provide one-to-one tutorials for all students.
Classes are also available to University of Bath staff and their partners, if they have an appropriate level of English.
How can the In-sessional programme help you?
- if English is not your first language, our classes can help you improve academic writing, reading academic texts, giving presentations, everyday speaking, business English and general English
- if English is your first language (or equivalent level), we provide a writing course aimed at improving essay and report writing within the UK academic culture
- all visiting and exchange students can do special British Studies classes, covering British history, society and literature
Give us your feedback!
Done an In-sessional course this semester? Your comments can help us to keep improving.
- are small (20 students maximum)
- are sociable and interactive, giving you a chance to participate and ask questions
- are a great way to meet students from other departments, while building and practising your study skills
All our tutors are qualified and experienced and most have also previously taught outside the UK, in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
After taking this unit I achieved a First in my Microeconomics coursework and have just submitted a further essay which I am confident in and feel is written a lot better than all the previous essays I have ever written!”
— Sophia, BSc (Hons) Economics