Office opening times:
Tuesday, Friday: 11am-3pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: CLOSED
Contact the IELTS Administrator:
- via email
- tel: +44 (0)1225 383409
- fax: +44 (0)1225 383135
- post: Wessex House 7.32, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY
For urgent enquiries only please ring +44 (0)7568 059456
Email the IELTS Officer
Take an IELTS test
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test of English for people who do not speak English as their first language but intend to study or train in English. It tests reading, writing, listening and speaking ability and provides results in an easy-to-understand band score. IELTS is accepted by most Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand academic institutions, and increasingly by American ones as well.
We are a test centre offering both the IELTS Academic and the IELTS General tests. We carry out testing throughout the year.
How to apply
Please ensure you read the terms and conditions for the University of Bath IELTS test centre before you apply. It contains information regarding test day security procedures, passport or identity document requirements, and cancellation and transfer policies.
- When you have chosen a test date, complete the IELTS online booking form on the IELTS website. We do not accept applications by post.
- Before submitting your application, please check all address details including your postcode are correct and complete. Your Test Report Form (TRF) will be posted to this address.
- A system generated confirmation will be sent once you submit your application.
- All test day details are included in the booking confirmation email. The confirmation will also include your application reference number should you need to contact us before the test.
- Once you have completed your online application you must submit the following by post:
- two recent passport sized photos (originals only)
- a photocopy of the ID used on the application (passport or National ID card). Please write your application reference number on your passport photocopy.
Please note that we will not accept scanned or emailed copies of these documents. Failure to send these documents within 4 working days will result in the cancellation of your application and loss of your test fee.
6. Make payment via the University of Bath Online Store, or using one of the other methods of payment. Please note:
- places are available on a strictly first-come-first-served basis
- you must submit your IELTS online booking form before making any payments.
Please contact the IELTS Office by telephone on +44 (0)1225 383409 or by email if you have any queries.
Information for institutions
If you are applying as an institution, please read the information we have prepared for institution applications carefully.
|Saturday 25th May (Academic FULL; General PLACES STILL AVAILABLE)|
|Saturday 8th June (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 15th June (Academic only)|
|Saturday 22nd June (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 6th July (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 27th July (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 3rd August (Academic only)|
|Saturday 17th August (Academic only)|
|Saturday 24th August (Academic only)|
|Saturday 21st September (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 12th October (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 26th October (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 30th November (Academic only)|
|Saturday 7th December (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 14th December (Academic and General)|
|Saturday 21st December (Academic only)|
You can view your results online.
Your Test Report Form (TRF) will be posted to the address on your application, and to the institutions to which you have applied, 13 days after taking the test.
Non-delivery or postal returns of TRFs due to incomplete or incorrect address information will result in a £20.00 reprint administration fee. We will only send out re-prints for those TRFs that are returned to the IELTS Office at the University of Bath.
Additional Test Report Forms (TRFs)
Only one TRF is sent to each candidate. If you require an extra certificate posted directly to an institution or agency it can be done at a cost of £15.00 (national) or £20.00 (international) per certificate.
We will only post to institutions, agencies and employment offices. All additional TRFs must be approved before you pay the fee.
- Please contact the IELTS Office by email to request a TRF.
- Once your request has been approved you will be instructed to pay online.
- Once your payment has been processed your TRF will be posted to the requested agency.
Enquiry On Results (EOR)
If you are unhappy with your results, you are entitled to request a re-mark of one or some or all sections of your test. The process of requesting a re-mark costs £60, which is refunded if your score is changed upon re-mark.
- You must submit your request for a re-mark within 6 weeks of the test date.
- If you took your IELTS test at the University of Bath, please contact the IELTS Office by email to request an official EOR form.
- Once your request has been approved by the IELTS office, you will be instructed to pay online.
- Place your completed form and a copy of your payment in an envelope along with the original test report form and send it to: IELTS Office, English Language Centre, Wessex House 7.51, University of Bath, BA2 7AY.
- Once a re-mark has been requested, the University of Bath test centre will send your test papers to London where they will be marked by a trained clerical marker or senior examiner employed by the British Council.
- Please note that this process can take between 6-8 weeks from receipt by the British Council in London.
- Once the paper has been remarked, you will be posted the new TRF.