How to apply
We welcome research degree applications at any time of the year and offer flexible start dates – October, January, April or July.
There are 10 steps to your application. Find out more at our How to apply web page.
We encourage a wide range of research interests, reflected in the wide range of topics studied by our current students. Our academic staff are always open to ideas which extend existing work or introduce new topics to their existing subject areas.
Guidance on the different types of research degrees available can be found on our study site.
You may also be eligible for funding to support your degree.
Architecture and Civil Engineering
- MPhil/PhD Architecture and Civil Engineering
- MPhil Architectural History and Theory
- MPhil Digital Architectonics
- MPhil/PhD Chemical Engineering
- MRes/PhD in Sustainable Chemical Technologies (delivered by the Centre for Sustainable Technologies' Doctoral Research Centre)