Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Staff
Purpose of the group:
- To provide support to existing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff.
- To influence the improvement of equality action in employment and development opportunities for all staff at the University of Bath.
- To act as a forum for LGBT staff at the University for the exchange of information and ideas.
The group aims to:
- provide a support network for members of the group as well as other lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff
- increase understanding of the importance and benefits of valuing diversity
- advise and influence management within the University in the development, assessment and implementation of policies relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff
- work with the University community towards ensuring equalities and diversity policies are mainstreamed
- strive with all staff within the University to turn equalities policies into action
- where appropriate link with other LGBT groups locally and nationally.
In furtherance of these aims the group will administer a budget to support its activities.
The group will:
- be open to new ideas and keep all personal matters within the group confidential
- seek to influence in a clear and effective manner
- represent a group of people whose particular life experiences may not have been recognised or understood by mainstream society
- celebrate differences
- organise regular network meetings open to all LGBT members of the University community
- organise an annual awareness raising seminar for the University community
The group recognises that members may have different views as a result of past experiences and accepts that we are all learning.
Membership of the group is open to all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff.
This E-mail: email@example.com will put you in direct contact with the group organiser or telephone 01225 38 3098.