Sustainability and Low Carbon Management Steering Group
Introduction - Membership
- Terms of Reference - Reporting
- Meetings - Minutes
The Executive Committee established the
Sustainability and Carbon Management Steering Group in Spring 2011. It
replaces SALCAG (the Sustainability
and Low Carbon Advisory Group).
and Carbon Management Steering Group Membership
Chair – a member of the Vice-Chancellor’s
Group (appointed by the Vice-Chancellor)
Director of Estates
Head of Safety, Health and Environment
Energy and Environment Manager
Waste & Recycling Manager
A senior representative of Sports Development and
Recreation (appointed by the
Director of Sport)
A senior representative of Accommodation and Hospitality
Services (appointed by
Head of A&HS)
A senior representative of Purchasing Services
(appointed by Head of Purchasing
Up to 2 Academic members of staff (appointed
by the Vice-Chancellor)
Students’ Union Representative (appointed
by the SU President)
Director of Policy and Planning and the Head
of Financial Services to receive papers
and attend for relevant business.
1. Provide co-ordination of the Sustainability agenda across the University.
2. Monitor progress towards objectives and targets set out in the Carbon
Management Plan and the Environmental Policy;
3. Keep under review the University’s Carbon Management Plan and
Policy, with any significant changes being recommended to the VCG and/or
4. To make recommendations in respect of necessary funding of initiatives
carbon reduction and sustainability improvement for discussion and agreement
VCG, Executive and Finance Committee as appropriate. This would include
identification of external forms of grant funding;
5. Consider and prioritise projects which contribute to the achievement
University’s carbon reduction targets;
6. Publicise the University's performance against the University’s
Management Plan and Environmental Policy and other relevant benchmarks;
7. Provide an annual report to the Executive Committee on progress made;
8. Establish, disestablish and oversee membership of any necessary sub-group
a Biodiversity Sub-Group.
The Group will report, via the Chair, to the Vice-Chancellor's Group,
Executive Committee, and Finance Committee as appropriate. The Minutes
of the meetings will be circulated to the Director of Policy and Plananing,
and the Head of Financial Services.
The Group will produce an Annual Report to be submitted to Executive
The Group will meet four times a year.
The most recent meeting was on 28 February 2012 and the next meeting will be on 11 June 2012.
5 April 2011
8 July 2011
21 October 2011
28 February 2012