Autism Summer School 2018
This residential event at the University of Bath allows students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to experience aspects of university and student life.
Supporting the transition from school to university
The Bath Autism Summer School includes three days and two nights of activities that will enable you to experience life as a university student. This includes:
- a campus tour
- a visit to student accommodation
- talks from other students with ASD who will share their experiences of life at university
- meals in university restaurants
- stress and anxiety workshops
- talks about clubs and societies
- an overview of student services and the Students' Union
- a visit to the Sports Training Village
Parents, guardians and carers can read our frequently asked questions for the Autism Summer School.
Apply for the Summer School
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2018.
If you’re successful, you will be notified by 1 July 2018.
This event recognises the potential difficulties around transition of students on the autism spectrum in dealing with novel experiences and offers students the opportunity to experience university life in a supportive environment.
We commend Drs Chris Ashwin, Mark Brosnan and Ailsa Russell for their thoughtful and very important practical initiative, which we hope to see in other universities.
— Richard Mills, Research Director of Research Autism