@Home with SETsquared (Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing)
For researchers who want to develop links and collaborations with industry, and impact from research, in the advanced engineering and manufacturing sectors.
This event will give you insights into generating more impact from your research, accessing funding and increasing your links with industry. Don't miss out on this opportunity!
Following a £5 million award from Research England, SETsquared (the global number one business incubator and enterprise partnership between the universities of; Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey) has launched a Scale-Up programme to support the most innovative scale-up companies across the South of England.
The programme will help companies secure collaborative R&D grants with academics at the five universities and help them raise investment, access corporate customers and seek to recruit the best talent.
The pilot programme has generated significant interest from high-growth SMEs seeking to access R&D grants - and that’s where you come in!
If your expertise is related to Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing sector, there is huge potential to work with cutting-edge companies looking to solve existing real world problems and develop a pipeline of future innovation.
Registration will be open until 17:00 15 June. Lunch will be provided.
12.00 – 12.30 Lunch & Registration
12.30 – 13.30 Event opens
- introduction to SETsquared Partneship - Karen Brooks, Programme Director, SETsquared
- introduction to the Scale-Up Programme - Ashima Sangwan, Innovation Advisor, University of Bath
- mechanisms of collaboration between academia and industry - Laura Zuluaga Cardona, Industrial Partnerships Manager, University of Bath
- the benefits of working in collaboration with companies - Professor Chris Bowen, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Bath
- presentation of challenge and R&D opportunities from Ben Farmer, HiETA, Scale-Up Pilot company
13.30 - 14.00 Case study workshops and discussion
Contact Laura Zuluaga Cardona if you have any questions.