Residential Uni Taster for Humanities and Social Sciences
Stay on campus for three days and get a sense of what it's like to live and study at Bath.
Come to our Residential Uni Taster to explore our friendly campus, meet current students and staff, and get lots of information and advice. It's the perfect head start to prepare you for life at a top university.
Places are limited so make sure you book early. Email us to request an application form.
It costs £180 to attend the Residential Uni Taster. This covers meals, activities and two nights' accommodation on the University campus. If you live locally, you can choose to go home at the end of each day.
Who can attend
You can come to the Uni Taster if you are a Year 12 student, are defined by your school or college as academically gifted and:
- have achieved A and B grades at GCSE including Maths and English
- are likely to achieve A and B grades at AS level (or equivalent)
- are likely to progress to a top university
What you'll do during your stay
The event will help you prepare for university life and develop skills in:
- independent living and learning
- time management
- academic skills
You will learn from world-class academics and researchers, develop your subject knowledge and explore a range of disciplines taught at the University of Bath.
Subjects at this event are likely to include:
- Modern Languages
- Social Work
- get inside information, advice and guidance about applying to a top university
- talk to our admissions staff about University of Bath courses
- attend academic workshops and lectures in a range of disciplines
- visit research and teaching laboratories
- stay in student accommodation on campus
- be able to use the sporting and social facilities
Nationally competing athletes
We host over 300 internationally performing athletes at Bath. If you compete nationally and have the potential to compete internationally, a Residential Uni Taster will help you experience what it’s like to be an elite athlete here.
Depending on your sport, we will be able to offer you the experience of training with elite coaches, as well as sports science support around your academic timetable so you can experience what it's like to train and study here.
We will also give you access to all the facilities and the opportunity to meet a lifestyle advisor, a professionally trained practitioner who is qualified to support athletes in education. It’s a great opportunity to experience elite coaching, world class facilities and life as a student-athlete.
After completing the Residential Uni Taster, you will continue to receive application and admissions support. Our mentors will provide individual advice for you during Year 13.