Wessex House Level 4
University of Bath
Bath BA2 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 386719
Fax: +44 (0) 1225 386317
Finance Office - Best environmental practice
All staff are encouraged to take action to improve environmental practice within the the Finance Office.
2012 Environmental Awareness campaign
Please familiarise yourself with the guidance and if you can think of more opportunities to improve performance.
- Switch off all lights, PCs and other electrical equipment when not in use.
- Unplug electical equipment including laptop and mobile phone chargers when not in use.
- Ensure all electrical equipment is switched off and unplugged over night and at weekends.
- Familiarise yourselves with the thermostat controls of radiators in your area.
- Avoid use of personal heaters, fans and other electrical items
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions
- Remove any food or drinks from department fridges at Easter and Christmas so they can be defrosted and switched off.
- Save paper printed on one side only for reuse as informal note paper.
- Minimise water use by controlling the flow from the tap.
- Ensure taps are fully off before leaving the kitchen or rest room.
- Report dripping taps or incorrect water pressure to Estates using the green button
- Water saving tips for 2012 - please read and apply
- Find out more about car sharing.
- Shower facilities for cyclists are located in 4 West Level 1.
- Cycle scheme - tax relief for commuter cyclists
- You are advised that the University's expenses policy includes a mileage rate for cyclists.
- Consider alternatives to off site meetings including video conferencing, teleconferencing or skype.
Finance Office - Green Impact Homepage