Apply for the University to act as your guarantor
The University can be your UK based guarantor if you move into private accommodation.
Before you apply
- confirm with the landlord or letting agent that they are happy for the University to act as your guarantor. To check, you can show them this sample agreement.
- not be in a situation that would affect you paying your rent on time
- understand that you are responsible for all costs, such as replacement keys or property damage, as well as rent payments
Check you are eligible
You are eligible to apply for the University to be your guarantor if any of these are true:
You are in your second or placement year and:
- you have completed your previous academic year of study at the University of Bath before the start of your new housing contract
- you plan to live in private housing for up to a year from the end date of your first or second year if doing a placement
You are in your final year and:
- you have completed year two or a placement in the last academic year
- your private rented tenancy can be for up to 12 months ending no later than 31 August of the year you are due to graduate
You are in your first year as an exchange or study abroad student and:
- you are studying at the University of Bath for a non-UK degree that is longer than one year
- your tenancy is between when you start and finish your UK course
- You are a first year postgraduate student and you have completed one of the following:
- a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of Bath
- a course of at least one year at another UK higher education institution
- a degree course or equivalent at a non-UK higher education institution
Your tenancy must:
- start within a year of completing your previous UK course or once you have enrolled in your postgraduate course
- end before the end date of your course at Bath
You are a returning postgraduate student and:
- your tenancy ends within 12 months of completing your previous academic year
You are a final year postgraduate student and:
- your tenancy is for up to 12 months and ends before the end of your course
How to apply
Go to the Your Guarantor website to apply online.
Your application will then be sent to the University to approve.