Bath Copies: library service for scanning articles and book chapters
The Bath Copies service lets members of the University of Bath library request scanned copies of book chapters and journal articles for your study and research.
About the Bath Copies Service
The Library offers a request service for copies of journal articles and book chapters from our print collections. These are scanned and then sent to your University email address.
The service is open to all students and staff of the University of Bath and also to External Members of the Library.
How do I make a request?
Before submitting your Bath Copies request, please check that your request falls within copyright law limits (a single article or book chapter; or 5% of the whole item; whichever is greater).
Please note, we cannot offer a print service for online content available from the Library's e-resources.
You can submit a request in one of the following ways:
- Download and complete a Bath Copies Request Form: attach and email the completed form to the Inter-Library Loans Service
- Use the Library Catalogue as follows:
- Search the Library Catalogue for the title from which you would like a digitized extract. Ensure you are signed in (the 'sign in' link is in the top right hand corner of the screen)
- Click the Shelf Locations tab.
- Click on the Bath Copies scan link in the request options.
- In the Item Details field enter the following details article/chapter title, page numbers, volume, issue (failure to provide these details may lead to a delay in processing your request).
- Select a date from the Not Needed After calendar.
- Tick the copyright declaration box.
- Finally, click the Request button option to submit your request. Please allow 2-3 working days for your item to be supplied.
What if the Library does not hold the item I need?
If you need materials which are not in Library stock nor available online, please see the Inter-Library Loans Service.
When will I get my scanned copy?
You will receive an email from the Library containing a link to the scanned copy of the item you requested.
You will need your Computing Services username and password to access the file. The link will remain active for 7 calendar days before being deleted. The document is for your use only and you must not forward or share it with others.