Carpenter House student accommodation
Carpenter House is self-catered accommodation for undergraduates and pre-sessional English students in the summer, in the city centre.
About this accommodation
Carpenter House is a self-catered accommodation complex in the city for 133 undergraduates, with shared flats for seven to ten students. Pre-sessional English students can also stay here during the summer.
It is in the city centre, just a five-minute walk from the railway station and the Roman Baths.
Carpenter House has:
The bedrooms in Carpenter House give you personal space to work and relax.
Each room has:
- standard 91cm x 183cm single bed
- wash basin
- desk, chair and drawers
- high-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
Kitchens and dining
Each flat has a communal kitchen with:
- electric hob
- plenty of cupboard storage space
- dining table and chairs
- recycling facilities
There is a communal lounge on the ground floor with:
- TV with Freeview
- games console
- small dining tables and chairs
- coffee tables
- student mailboxes
Accommodation for students with disabilities
There is no accessible accommodation for students with disabilities in Carpenter House.
If you have a disability or additional needs, you can choose to live in one of the specially adapted bedrooms in our on-campus accommodation.
Carpenter House is one building with six floors. Each floor has four flats with eight bedrooms.
Your room details contain your building, floor and room number.
For example, the room number CH5.3 means you are located in Carpenter House, fifth floor, room three.
Included in the accommodation package
These items and services come as part of the price of your accommodation:
- Your post delivered to shared, passcode-protected mailboxes
- Insurance cover for your belongings
- High-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
- Gas, electric, water and council tax bills
- Residential Life and Wellbeing Services
- 24 hour security
- Cleaning of communal areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and social spaces weekly and en-suite bathrooms every six weeks
You are responsible for keeping your rooms clean and tidy. You can buy extra cleaning services for your bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.