Conflict management for managers and supervisors
This session focuses on conflict in relation to people and teams, and will help you to consider your role in dealing with conflict.
When the course runs
- Wednesday 29 November 2017
- Lisa Hegan, HRd Bristol
2017/18 courses: This course is likely to run in November only.
About this course
This course for managers starts by enquiring into ‘What is conflict’ and ‘how does conflict arise?’ The session focus on conflict in relation to people and teams, and will help you to consider your role in dealing with conflict and what resources you can access to support you. It will touch upon the role of the HR Business Partner.
During the session you will explore:
- the causes of conflict and the change curve
- the effects of conflict on an individual’s behaviour
- the impact of conflict from a team perspective
- tips and tools on how to handle conflict
In addition, key areas of University strategy will be outlined, and links will be made to the Effective Behaviours Framework as well as an indication of further resources that you may find useful in the Development Toolkit & Change Toolkit.
Intended learning outcomes
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe how conflict might occur
- identify how you can best prepare yourself for dealing with conflict, on an individual and team perspective
- demonstrate and apply skills useful in conflict management and communication
- recall where to access other useful resources to support you
Please note that this course has pre-reading, taking approximately an hour.
Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF)
The Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF) has nine key behavioural areas. This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
- Managing self and personal skills
- Developing self and others
- Working together
Please note that attending the course does not provide evidence of achieving these behaviours; you will need to demonstrate them by applying your skills and knowledge.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for Managers and Supervisors.
Book a place
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
To book a place on a published course date email email@example.com with the following;
- course title
- your name
- any access requirements you may have.
Or call ext. 6369.
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking.
Courses are subject to room availability. We will do our best to find rooms, but if we can't we may be forced to postpone or cancel the event.
Online learning and resources
Access online tools and support about managing conflict on-demand via the Development Toolkit, such as: