Dealing with change for managers and supervisors
A course for managers and supervisors focusing on understanding change and what you might do to lead and manage change.
When the course runs
- Tuesday 3 October 2017
- Simon Inger, Talent Development Manager
2017/18 courses: This course is likely to run in October only.
About this course
This course for managers and supervisors focuses on understanding change in the context of the University strategy. The session is based on change and managing people and will explore:
- the causes of change and the change curve
- the effects of change on behaviour and how to communicate change
- change and how it comes about in your area of the University
- what you might need to do to prepare for, and lead and manage, change
- how you might handle the effects of change through regular and appropriate communication
In addition, key areas of University strategy will be outlined, and links will be made to the Effective Behaviours Framework, as well as an indication of further resources that you may find useful in the Development Toolkit and Change Toolkit.
Intended learning outcomes
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe how change occurs
- identify how you can best prepare yourself for leading and managing change effectively
- apply skills useful in change management from the position of leading others’
- manage your preparation for and communication of a change
- recall where to access other useful resources to support you
Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF)
The Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF) has nine key behavioural areas. This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
- Managing self and others
- Embracing change
- Engaging with the wider context
Please note that attending the course does not provide evidence of achieving these behaviours; you will need to demonstrate them by applying your skills and knowledge.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for managers and supervisors.
Book a place
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
To book a place on a published course date email email@example.com with the following;
- course title
- your name
- any access requirements you may have.
Or call ext. 6369.
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking.
Courses are subject to room availability. We will do our best to find rooms, but if we can't we may be forced to postpone or cancel the event.
Online learning and resources
Access online tools and support about dealing with change on-demand via the Development Toolkit, such as:
[Assessing my change management performance](LINK IS MISSING