Donating your unwanted items to charity when you move out of University accommodation
You can have a lot to take home when you move out of student accommodation at the end of term. Save space and donate your unwanted items to charity.
Where to donate
There are several places to donate your unwanted items to charity when you are moving out.
You can donate items in by placing them in the crates in your kitchen or social space, and British Heart Foundation or Children's Society donation banks.
Charity donation bank locations
British Heart Foundation
British Heart Foundation donation banks can be found on campus in the following locations:
- BHF bank next to the WAC/Bin Store B
- BHF bank next to Bin Store E and Eastwood Houses 24-31
- BHF bank in between Quads Bay and Solsbury Court
Children's Society bank locations
Children's Society donation banks can be found on campus in the following locations:
- Children’s Society Bank next to Bin Store C in between Wolfson and Derhill
- Children’s Society Bank next to Bin Store D by Eastwood Houses 1-19
What to donate
You can donate the following items.
British Heart Foundation donation banks
- Clean clothing and shoes
- Bed sheets, duvet covers and and pillowcases
- CDs and DVDs
- Bags and accessories
- Ornaments and other decorative pieces
Children's Society donation banks
Crates in kitchens and social spaces
- Electrical goods
- Nonperishable foods for food banks
- Cookware (pots, pans and utensils)
Use your normal waste and recycling bins for all other waste.
How to donate
To donate your items, place them in a donation bag.
Take your filled donation bag to a donation bank, or the bin store in your kitchen or social space.
Place cookware, electricals and nonperishable food items in the crates provided in your kitchen or social space.
When to donate
The donation banks are in place throughout the academic year.
Crates will be placed in your accommodation towards the end of term, usually in May, and will be available until the end of your accommodation contract.