Getting IT support and advice
You can get help with your IT issues online, by phone or in person.
How to get help
Submit an IT support request online
The best way to contact us is online, where you can send and track requests for IT support, or tell us about an IT service issue.
Our IT Service Desk phone number is 01225 383434.
If you need advice or support on University or personal computing you can visit the IT Service Desk on level 2 of the Library.
Book into a laptop clinic
Bring your laptop or mobile device to the IT Service Desk. If we can't solve the issue immediately we'll book you into our laptop clinic.
- We may need to log in to your laptop to fix the problems, so talk to us about administrator access
- We do all work at the owner's risk
- We do not guarantee a turnaround time
Getting out-of-hours emergency IT support
We offer out-of-hours support for emergency issues. This is only for reporting serious emergencies like mass security breaches.
When we offer out-of-hours cover
- Monday to Friday: 6pm to 10pm
- Saturday, Sunday, bank holidays and University holidays: 8am to 10pm
We do not offer 24-hour cover.
How to report an IT emergency
Contact the Security team in the foyer of the Library. You can do this in person or call 01225 385349.
The Security team will contact a member of the on-call Computing Services team.