Influencing and negotiating for managers and supervisors
A workshop designed for managers and supervisors to develop your influencing, negotiating and persuading skills.
When the course runs
- Tuesday 27 February 2018
- 10.30am - 1pm
- Simon Wilson (Wilson Sherriff)
2017/18 courses: This course is likely to run in February only. Course dates will be published approximately 6 to 8 weeks beforehand.
About this course
This course for managers is designed to develop your influencing, negotiating and persuading skills. The session will explore:
- creating the right environment in which to begin to influence
- the key elements of influencing and negotiating and some of the barriers
- the opportunity to practice some skills of influencing, negotiating and persuading
- consideration of how you can use these skills more effectively in relation to your work
Intended learning outcomes
After attending this course you will be able to:
- describe the key elements of influencing and negotiating, including common barriers
- identify how you can use influencing, negotiating and persuading skills in your work
- use effective influencing strategies in a variety of situations
- locate the University Strategy, Effective Behaviours Framework, Development Toolkit and relevant HR Policies
Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF)
The Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF) has nine key behavioural areas. This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
- Managing self and personal skills
- Using resources effectively
Please note that attending the course does not provide evidence of achieving these behaviours; you will need to demonstrate them by applying your skills and knowledge.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for managers and supervisors.
Book a place
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
To book a place on a published course date email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following;
- course title
- your name
- any access requirements you may have.
Or call ext. 6369.
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking.
Courses are subject to room availability. We will do our best to find rooms, but if we can't we may be forced to postpone or cancel the event.
Online learning and resources
Access online tools and support about influencing and negotiating on-demand via the Development Toolkit, such as: