University of Bath

John Wood Building student accommodation

John Wood Building is self-catered accommodation for undergraduates in the city centre.

A bedroom in John Wood Building
A bedroom in John Wood Building

About this accommodation

John Wood Building is self-catered accommodation offering 81 bedrooms for first-year undergraduates.

It is close to the city centre, just a short walk to Green Park and Sainsbury's.

John Wood Building has:

  • secure swipe card access to buildings
  • launderette
  • secure bike storage


The bedrooms in John Wood Building give you personal space to work and relax.

There are:

  • 62 en-suite rooms
  • 15 standard rooms
  • 2 shared rooms (each shared by two people)

Each room has:

  • standard 91cm x 183cm single bed
  • desk, chair and drawers
  • high-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
  • bookshelves

En-suite rooms also have an en-suite shower and an armchair.

Kitchens and dining

Each flat has a large bright communal kitchen, shared by seven to ten people.

Kitchens have:

  • electric hob
  • oven
  • grill
  • fridge-freezer
  • microwave oven
  • kettle
  • plenty of cupboard storage space
  • dining table and chairs
  • recycling facilities

Accommodation for students with disabilities

There is no accessible accommodation for students with disabilities in John Wood Building.

If you have a disability or additional needs, you can choose to live in one of the specially adapted bedrooms in our on-campus accommodation.

Room numbers

John Wood Building is one block with four floors and 29 bedrooms on each.

Your room details contain your building, floor and room number.

For example, the room number J4.05 means you are located in John Wood Building, fourth floor, room five.

Included in the accommodation package

These items and services come as part of the price of your accommodation:

You are responsible for keeping your rooms clean and tidy. You can buy extra cleaning services for your bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.

Hall Representatives

At the start of the academic year you can elect a Hall Representative.

The Students’ Union supports Hall Representatives to organise social and community-building events.

Hall Representatives collect student feedback about living in the accommodation. They discuss this with the University and the Students’ Union to make sure your voices are heard.


See our prices for undergraduate student accommodation.


There is no smoking in any of our University accommodation.

Explore in 360 degrees