Leading teams: building, motivating & developing staff
Learn more about the Leading Teams course
When the course runs
Date: Friday 27 October 2017 Friday 23 February 2018
Presenter: Lisa Hegan, HRd Bristol
Lisa Hegan is part of HRd Bristol and together with her colleague, Sandra Keith, has over 35 years of experience gained in Human Resources and Development roles within a range of dynamic companies. Their portfolio covers the retail industry, the travel sector, Higher Education, the NHS and charitable organisations.
2017/18 courses: This course is likely to run in October and February - course dates will be published approximately 6 to 8 weeks beforehand.
About this course
This course aims to promote management practices and techniques which engender good team morale and also help managers when things don’t go so well. There will be a balance of theory and interactive elements, with practical outcomes for delegates.
After participating in this event, delegates should:
- understand their role in leading the team and have explored the different approaches, qualities and skills required of them in their own particular context
- understand relevant theories related to team dynamics and team building
- be able to uncover the strengths and weaknesses of individual team members, know how this might affect the team and how to use different people’s strengths effectively
- have practised skills to motivate, empower, reward and develop staff including being able to give effective, constructive feedback in ‘positive’ as well as ‘difficult’ situations and set clear expectations
- be able to choose what to delegate, who to delegate to and plan how to delegate effectively
- prepare and carry out effective team communications
You will need to complete three questionnaire-style exercises prior to the course (such as a leadership styles questionnaire), taking approximately an hour in total.
Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF)
This course will also help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
Who should attend
Managers, Supervisors & Team Leaders of all staff groups and in any department. This course will be relevant whether you manage a small or large team, whether new in role or experienced.
How to book a place
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
To book a place on a published course date please email email@example.com, including the course title and date, your name and any access requirements you may have. Alternately, call extension 6369.
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking.
Courses are subject to room availability. We will do our best to find rooms, but if we can't we may be forced to postpone or cancel the event.