On Track to Bath: Computer Science & Electronics Track
A free two-year curriculum enhancement programme for students considering Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Electronics.
What your students can expect from this track
The On Track to Bath Computer Science & Electronics Track is for students considering a future in computing or electronics.
Your students will have the opportunity to:
- find out about studying computing or electronics at university
- get hands-on, practical experience of computer science
- write and test simple programmes
- improve their maths and find out why it is so important in computing
- improve their subject knowledge
- understand the relevance of a Computer Science course
- get advice and support from computer scientists to help them successfully apply to university
They will also be able to reference this experience to enhance their UCAS application.
This track also includes lectures delivered by academics from the University to give your students a broader understanding of their studies.
Topics may include:
- what’s behind a computer game
- the maths behind encryption
- social networks
- algorithms and sorting
Academic research project
Your students will study an academic research project. This will develop essential skills and practices for studying at a university level.
They attend a programme of nine on-campus sessions.
The project will also help students who want to go on and take the Extended Project at AS level.