On Track to Bath: Computer Sciences Track
A free two-year curriculum enhancement programme for students considering Computer Science (including with another subject) or Computer Information Systems.
What your students can expect from this track
The On Track to Bath Computer Sciences Track is for students considering a future in computing.
Your students will have the opportunity to:
- find out about studying computing at university
- get hands-on, practical experience of computer science
- write and test simple programmes
- improve their maths and find out why it is so important in computing
- improve their subject knowledge
- understand the relevance of a Computer Science degree
- get advice and support from computer scientists to help them successfully apply to university
They will also be able to reference this experience to enhance their UCAS application.
This track also includes lectures delivered by academics from the University to give your students a broader understanding of their studies.
Topics may include:
- what’s behind a computer game
- the Facebook database
- social networks
- algorithms and sorting
Academic research project
Your students will study an academic research project. This will develop essential skills and practices for studying at a university level.
Your students can choose a topic of research that interests them from a variety of themes. They attend a programme of nine on-campus sessions.
The project will also help students who want to go on and take the Extended Project at AS Level.