Polden Court student accommodation
Polden Court is catered accommodation for first year undergraduate students on the west side of campus.
About this accommodation
Polden Court has catered accommodation for 126 first year undergraduates.
On the first floor, students live in groups of five to eight. Flats in the rest of the building are for 22 to 24 students each.
It is on the west side of campus, a seven-minute walk to the Library and Students' Union.
Polden Court has:
- secure swipe card access to building
- en-suite bathrooms
- a communal lounge
- secure bike storage
The bedrooms in Polden Court give you personal space to work and relax.
- En-suite shower small rooms have a standard 91cm x 183cm single bed
- En-suite bath/shower rooms have a small 122cm x 183cm double bed
- En-suite bath/shower large rooms have a standard 140cm x 183cm double bed
All rooms have:
- en-suite bath/shower, toilet and sink - most rooms include both bath and shower, smaller rooms only have a shower
- desk, chair and drawers
- high-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
- kettle and mini-fridge
- TV (licence included in your rent)
Kitchens and dining
Although Polden Court is catered accommodation you can use the communal kitchenettes to prepare snacks and light meals.
In each kitchenette you will find:
- breakfast bar and stools
- electric hob
- cupboard storage space
- recycling facilities
There is a large communal lounge on the ground floor with:
- large TV with Freeview
- sofa and bean bags
- table and chairs
- games console
Accommodation for students with disabilities
There are four accessible bedrooms for students with disabilities in Polden Court.
All rooms are located on the ground floor and have en-suite shower rooms with grab rails. Some have baths and pull cords.
If you have a disability or additional needs, you can choose to live in one of the specially adapted bedrooms in our on-campus accommodation.
Polden Court is one building with 126 bedrooms on three floors.
Your room details contain your building, floor and room number.
For example, the room number P1.01 means you are located in Polden Court, first floor, room 1.
Included in the accommodation package
These items and services come as part of the price of your accommodation:
- Eat and Drink credit
- TV licence
- Your post delivered to shared, passcode-protected mailboxes
- Insurance cover for your belongings
- High-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
- Gas, electric and water bills
- Residential Life and Wellbeing Services
- 24 hour security
- Cleaning of communal areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and social spaces weekly and en-suite bathrooms every six weeks
You are responsible for keeping your rooms clean and tidy.
At the start of the academic year you can elect a Hall Representative.
The Students’ Union supports Hall Representatives to organise social and community-building events.
Hall Representatives collect student feedback about living in the accommodation. They discuss this with the University and the Students’ Union to make sure your voices are heard.
See our prices for undergraduate student accommodation.