Polden student accommodation
Polden is self-catered accommodation for postgraduate students on the west side of campus.
About this accommodation
Polden is our newest accommodation block, due for completion in autumn 2018.
It has self-catered accommodation for 293 postgraduates.
There are 37 flats in four floors across two buildings, arranged around a landscaped courtyard.
Each flat has a shared kitchen and diner. Each pair of flats shares a communal social space.
Polden is located on the west side of our Claverton Down campus, a seven-minute walk to the Library and Students' Union.
- secure swipe card access to building
- secure bike storage
- communal social spaces with TVs and study areas on each floor
- a large main communal social space with a TV and study area on the ground floor
- drying rooms on every other level, with tumble dryers and drying racks
- a café on the ground floor
The bedrooms in Polden give you personal space to work and relax.
Each room has:
- small 122cm x 190cm double bed
- en-suite bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink
- high-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
Kitchens and dining
In each kitchen you will find:
- electric hob
- cupboard storage space
- recycling facilities
- washing machine
There is a large communal lounge on the ground floor with a large TV and study spaces.
Each pair of flats shares a communal social space with a TV and study areas.
Accommodation for students with disabilities
There are two accessible studio flats for students with disabilities in Polden.
They are located on the ground floor, with kitchenettes and accessible en-suite bathrooms with grab rails.
If you have a disability or additional needs, you can choose to live in one of the specially adapted bedrooms in our on-campus accommodation.
Polden is two buildings with 293 bedrooms on four floors.
Your room details contain your building, floor and room number.
For example, the room number POA2.1 means you are located in Polden, block A, second floor, room 1.
Included in the accommodation package
These items and services come as part of the price of your accommodation:
- TV licence for the TVs provided in communal areas
- Your post delivered to shared, passcode-protected mailboxes
- Insurance cover for your belongings
- High-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
- Gas, electric, water and council tax bills
- Residential Life and Wellbeing Services
- 24 hour security
- Cleaning of communal areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and social spaces weekly and en-suite bathrooms every six weeks
You are responsible for keeping your rooms clean and tidy. You can buy extra cleaning services for your bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
At the start of the academic year you can elect a Hall Representative.
The Students’ Union supports Hall Representatives to organise social and community-building events.
Hall Representatives collect student feedback about living in the accommodation. They discuss this with the University and the Students’ Union to make sure your voices are heard.
See our prices for postgraduate student accommodation.