Processing at award ceremonies as a member of staff
How University staff can register to process in an award ceremony and hire academic dress.
Completing registration and hiring gowns
You must register for a procession and order your gown by Monday 11 June 2018.
You must wear academic robes and hat to take part in a procession. Ede & Ravenscroft, our supplier, cannot guarantee matching academic dress for overseas degrees, but will provide an alternative.
If you have not processed before, contact Gemma Noyce who will give you a login for Ede & Ravenscroft's online booking system.
Register to process at a ceremony and order gowns
- Check the date and time of your ceremony. Please note that in 2018 the ceremonies will take place in the Theatre Royal, with staff robing in Komedia.
- Log into the Ede & Ravenscroft website.
- Check your personal details are correct, in particular, your academic status.
- Check that your gown hire details are correct (if you are hiring).
- Select which ceremonies you would like to process in.
Tickets will not be sent out this year, all academics will need to register on arrival at Komedia.
Due to the lay out in the Theatre Royal procession seating will be split. Some members of the procession will be sitting on the stage and some in the stalls. Plans will be displayed in Komedia.
Getting ready to process
On the day, you should wear a suit, dark socks, dark shoes, shirt and tie or a dress or skirt with a shirt or blouse and dark shoes.
Arrive at Komedia 40 minutes before your ceremony for gowning.
If you are travelling from the Claverton Down campus, you can use the free coach service to get to the venue.
Telling us if you can no longer process
Contact Gemma Noyce if you are unable to process in a ceremony you have registered for so that the procession lists can be updated.