Processing at award ceremonies
How staff can register to process in an award ceremony and hire academic dress.
Completing registration and hiring gowns
You must register for a procession and order your gown by 5 June 2017.
You must wear academic robes and hat to take part in a procession. Ede & Ravenscroft, our supplier, cannot guarantee matching academic dress for overseas degrees, but will provide an alternative.
If you have not processed before, contact Gemma Noyce who will give you a login for Ede & Ravenscroft's online booking system.
Register to process at a ceremony and order gowns
- Check the date and time of your ceremony.
- Log into the Ede & Ravenscroft website.
- Check your personal details are correct, in particular your academic status.
- Check that your gown hire details are correct (if hiring).
- Select which ceremonies you would like to process in.
You should receive your procession tickets approximately one week before the ceremonies.
Getting ready to process
On the day, you should wear a suit, dark socks, dark shoes, shirt and tie or a dress or skirt with a shirt or blouse and dark shoes.
Arrive at the Guildhall 40 minutes before your ceremony for gowning.
Telling us if you can no longer process
Contact Gemma Noyce if you are unable to process in a ceremony you have registered for so that the procession lists can be updated.