Register with the police
If you are an international student, you may need to register with the police in Bath when you get to the UK. Find out how.
Check your vignette visa to find out whether you need to register with the police. If you do, you have seven days to complete the registration after you arrive in the UK.
If you change your address or extend your visa after you have registered, you will need to inform the police.
Before you can register
You need to:
What to take to registration
When you register with the police, you need to take:
- your completed registration form
- two recent passport-size colour photographs
- your passport with your entry visa vignette
- a photocopy of your visa
- a photocopy of the personal details page in your passport
- your biometric resident permit, if you have one
- the Home Office letter that approved your application for leave
- £34 in cash
If you are renewing your registration, you also need to take your Police Registration Certificate.
For more information, visit Avon and Somerset Police.
When and where to register
There are two police registration drop-in sessions every day from Monday 26 to Friday 30 September 2016. These are held on the University campus in 3 West, room 4.7 at:
- 09:00 to 12:00 (9am to 12pm, midday)
- 12:45 to 15:00 (12:45pm to 3pm)
You should attend one of these sessions whether you are registering with the police for the first time or need to update an existing Police Registration Certificate.
If you cannot make it to one of these sessions, visit Bath One Stop Shop to register with the police.
How to collect your Police Registration Certificate
Collect your Police Registration Certificate from 1 West, room 4.105 on Thursday 17 or Friday 18 November 2016 between:
- 09:00 and 12:00 (9am and 12pm, midday)
- 12:45 and 15:00 (12:45pm and 3pm)