Research funding opportunities
Find opportunities so you can apply for research funding.
Research Professional is the University's database for research funding opportunities. You can search for the latest research funding opportunities and news.
Internal funding opportunities
These are internally funded opportunities to support your research funding:
The GW4 Alliance brings together four of the most research-intensive and innovative universities in the UK; the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter. Further information.
Impact Acceleration Account (IAA)
An EPSRC fund of over £1.4 million from 2017 until 2020, funding projects which relate to an EPSRC grant. Further information.
See our information and support for researchers applying for European funding opportunities.
This includes the RIS Horizon 2020 Support Fund, providing financial support for University of Bath researchers to participate in consortium funding for Horizon 2020, and latest podcasts.
Internal and external funding sources, supporting international collaborations and projects. Further information.
If you want to identify collaborators or networks for research partnerships see:
- Research Councils UK Gateway to Research, for searching information and academic experts funded by the Research Councils and Innovate UK
- Knowledge Transfer Networks, enabling the UK's innovation communities to connect, collaborate and discover new opportunities
- Innovate UK, bringing together people through networking, partnerships and new forms of collaboration
- The _connect Networking and Partnerships, connecting to all Knowledge Transfer Networks as well as other groups
- Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS), is the European Commission Partners Service for collaboration requests
- Call for Participants, is JISC's central platform for recruiting participants to research studies