The Quads student accommodation
The Quads complex is part-catered accommodation for undergraduate students on the east side of campus.
About this accommodation
The Quads is a part-catered complex of five buildings, each with shared flats for eight to ten people. It is home to 708 undergraduates.
It is on the east side of our Claverton Down campus, a five-minute walk to the Library and Students' Union.
The Quads have:
- secure swipe card access to buildings, flats and bedrooms
- secure bike storage
Lime Tree cafe, bar and food court is part of The Quads.
The Quads featured in the 2017 top 50 student accommodation halls in the UK by Times Higher Education.
The bedrooms in The Quads give you personal space to work and relax.
Each room has:
- standard 91cm x 183cm single bed with reading light
- en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and sink
- desk, chair and drawers
- high-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
- built-in wardrobe
- TV with Freeview (licence included in your rent)
Kitchens and dining
Although The Quads is part-catered, there are communal kitchens with:
- electric hob, two ovens and two grills
- microwave oven
- large dining table and chairs
- recycling facilities
There are communal lounges on each floor with:
- large TV with Freeview
- sofa and bean bags
- table and chairs
Each social space is shared by two flat groups.
Accommodation for students with disabilities
If you have a disability, there are two ground floor rooms in The Quads designed to meet your needs.
The rooms have adapted en-suite wet rooms that include a shower seat and grab rails for both the toilet and shower.
We can make further adaptations to rooms if necessary.
We have additional rooms for students with disabilities across our on-campus accommodation.
The Quads accommodation is made up of five buildings:
- Acer (A)
- Bay (B)
- Chestnut (C)
- Damson (D)
- Ebony (E)
Each has between 18 and 43 bedrooms on four to six floors.
Your room details contain your building, floor and room number.
For example, the room number QC3.05 means you are located in Quads Chestnut, third floor, room five.
Included in the accommodation package
These items and services come as part of the price of your accommodation:
- Eat and Drink credit
- TV licence
- Your post delivered to shared, passcode-protected mailboxes
- Insurance cover for your belongings
- High-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
- Gas, electric, water and council tax bills
- Residential Life and Wellbeing Services
- 24 hour security
- Cleaning of communal areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and social spaces weekly and en-suite bathrooms every six weeks
You are responsible for keeping your rooms clean and tidy. You can buy extra cleaning services for your bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
At the start of the academic year you can elect a Hall Representative.
The Students’ Union supports Hall Representatives to organise social and community-building events.
Hall Representatives collect student feedback about living in the accommodation. They discuss this with the University and the Students’ Union to make sure your voices are heard.
See our prices for undergraduate student accommodation.