Travelling by bus to the University of Bath
The bus services you can take to and from the University's Claverton Down campus.
With frequent services between the city centre and campus, bus is the easiest way to travel to University.
Visit bus company websites to view timetables, purchase tickets and and service updates.
The following services all start and end at the Claverton Down campus bus terminus.
- U1 Lower Oldfield Park via city centre
- U2 Combe Down, Southdown, Oldfield Park
- U18 Lower Oldfield Park via city centre
- 17 City Centre, Twerton, Southdown, Lower Oldfield Park
- U10 University to Southdown
- 20A and 20C Bath circular services
City centre bus stops
Bath Bus Station is on Dorchester Street, to your left as you exit the train station. Buses to the University stop opposite the bus station. A bus journey from the train station will take 10 to 15 minutes.
Other bus stops in the city centre are:
- on Corn Street, opposite the Avon Street multi-storey car park
- next to Bath Abbey
- on North Parade, opposite the cricket club ground
- at the bottom of Bathwick Hill
Campus bus terminal and stops
Buses arrive at and leave from the terminus, on Convocation Avenue.
There is another bus stop on the road leading onto and off the campus, at the junction of Norwood Avenue and The Avenue, close to the Sports Training Village.
Access for passengers with disabilities
Most buses to campus have low floors and wheelchair areas for passengers with disabilities.