Year 12 Social Sciences Summer School
A chance for under-represented Year 12 students to experience what it's like to study social science subjects at a leading university and live on campus.
What to expect from the Summer School
This Summer School is for students thinking about studying a social science, psychology or education degree.
Students who attend should be academically gifted, under-represented and have a background that may make them less likely to go to university.
This Summer School is free and includes meals, accommodation and travel.
Students will live in university accommodation and take part in academic and social activities. They will also meet Year 12 students from other schools and colleges.
This page has the dates for the next Summer School.
These workshops will complement and enhance the A Level curriculum and develop their independent study skills.
Your students will:
- work on a mini research project to learn about the research process
- attend lectures to improve their subject knowledge
- take part in interactive seminars
- discuss ideas with our lecturers and current students
Summer School themes
Your students can opt for a first and second choice from five different project themes. This year's themes will be confirmed shortly.
Preparing to apply for university
Your students will get information about:
- the life of a student at a leading university
- how to choose the right university course
- how to make a high-quality UCAS application
- how to manage the financial side of university, including fees and funding
Your students will have the opportunity to:
- take part in activities in our Sports Training Village
- take part in workshops in our new arts centre, The Edge
- explore Bath and see some of the sights the city has to offer
Your students must:
- be currently studying a Level 3 course such as A Level, BTEC or IB which includes at least one subject involving essay-writing as part of the assessment
- have 6 GCSE passes (including Maths, English and a Science, grades A*-C)
They must also meet the widening participation criteria.
Our other Summer Schools
We also run separate Science and Engineering Summer Schools.