Continuing Professional Development
We offer a number of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units that are designed to be every bit as flexible and part-time as our Masters programmes. CPD is a great way to maintain and improve your knowledge, skills and competence during alongside your professional career.
Benefits of CPD study
If you're a practising health professional you may have been tempted to gain more qualifications, but have been put off by time commitments or the rigours of a full diploma or masters qualification.
- Select units that meet your professional learning requirements
- Units you choose can contribute to our postgraduate programmes (this may be limited to 6/12 credits) or the University's postgraduate awards.
- Flexible learning that fits around your busy working life
- Enhance your CV and practice portfolio
- Time and financial commitments are lower than postgraduate programmes
- A steppingstone to further qualification and career development
All of these units can contribute towards the MSc Professional Development, and many others can form part of our postgraduate programmes. View information about the tuiton fees and any Frequently Asked Questions.
On demand courses
We also offer a number of other courses that will only run when there is sufficient interest.
- HL50114: Confidentiality & data protection
- HL50115: Records management and freedom of information
- HL50116: Information security management
- HL50160: Clinical system development and evaluation
- HL50161: Introduction to systems modelling
- HL50079: Introduction to practice-based research
To register your interest for any of these courses, please email: email@example.com
Some units have specific entry requirements (see table). To join any unit, we require you to have the following;
- A first degree (or equivalent) from a recognised university.
Please check the relevant Masters programme page to see if there are any specific entry requirements, or English requirements for the programme the unit contributes to.