Dr Stuart Miller
MBChB, DRCOG, DCH, MRCGP, Dip Sport Med, FFSEM, GMC
Eastwood 22-23 2.7
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 38 5197
- Tuesday (afternoon only)
Dr Stuart Miller initially trained in Leeds University, and entered into General Practice (GP) in the Bristol area after spending five years in general hospital training. During his time in GP, he became interested in Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM) as well as running a musculoskeletal service alongside the orthopaedic department. Over the years he spent an increasing amount of clinical time in sport and exercise medicine and in 2002 gave up general practice to pursue a career in SEM.
He is now a full-time sports physician having been involved in sports medicine since 1994, providing sports medicine services locally, nationally and internationally working with organisations such as the Commonwealth Games in Manchester, The England Karate Team and European, Commonwealth and World karate organisations.
He is currently the Chief medical officer of Paralympic Sports within the English Institute of sport leading the strategy for medical team support to the Paralympic governing bodies. In 2008 he was Chief Medical Officer to the Paralympics GB team at the Beijing Paralympic Games and he will be the lead sports physician for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. He is also a general sports physician to the English institute of Sport in Bath.
In 2008 he became the first formally recognised specialist in Sport and Exercise medicine.
He has an NHS appointment as the lead clinician in a multidisciplinary team in North Somerset providing sports and musculoskeletal services to the local residents since 2002.
He has had a long association with Bath University Sport and exercise medicine and is now the clinical director, being involved in the design and delivery of the course, the teaching of undergraduates, sports physicians and more recently postgraduate physiotherapists.
- Clinical director Sport and Exercise Medicine University of Bath
- Chief Medical Officer Paralympic Sports – English Institute of Sport
- Sports Physician English Institute of Sport (SW) Bath University
- Lead Clinician Musculoskeletal Clinic – North Somerset PCT
- Sports Physician, Jonathan Webb Clinic Bristol
- Governing Body Medical Officer England Karate
- Sports Physician World indoor Athletics 2003
- Sports Physician Commonwealth Games 2002
- Injury and illness in Paralympic Athletes