Can you provide placements?
The BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science programme includes an optional placement year that students can undertake in their third year.
Students will receive support from the Faculty Team throughout their placement.
“Living in New Zealand for a year was an amazing experience.”
— Jolanthe De Koning
Placement at Auckland University of Technology (New Zealand)
Our students have taken placements at:
- Auckland Blues Rugby Football Club (New Zealand)
- Human Performance Centre at Team Bath
- South Australian Sports Institute
- Lucozade Sport Science Academy (UK)
- New South Wales Institute of Sports (Australia)
- London Wasps Rugby Football Club
- Auckland University of Technology (New Zealand)
- Liverpool FC (UK)
- Southampton FC (UK)
- Peak Centres in Vancouver and Ottawa (Canada)
View more placement videos »
Type of placement
There are professonal placements in a wide range of organisations in the private and public sectors, including:
- Professional Sports Clubs
- National Sports Federations
- National and Regional Sports Institutes
- Professional Companies in Sport, Exercise and Nutrition
- Community Agencies Promoting Exercise and Health
- Professional and Academic Research Institutes
- Private and Public Schools and Colleges
All placement jobs are at a junior professional level. Ideally, you will be given a project or a piece of work that will be your individual responsibility. The job will provide you with a challenge and allow you to use existing skills and develop new ones. Placements may involve an element of routine work as well.
There are also opportunities for students to spend either one semester or one academic year with our partner Universities overseas:
Our dedicated Placements Team will support and guide you through the recruitment process to gain your placement. View an overview of the placement support process.
Hear from our students on placement
You can find out what some of our students are doing on their placement year by viewing their placement blogs »
If you have any quiries then please email: email@example.com