Welcome to the September edition of the ‘Hospitality & Accommodation On Campus’, the
newsletter that keeps you up to date with all our latest news, offers and events. To download
a PDF copy of the newsletter please on the newsletter image
4W Café - Bright Young Thing
Hospitality at Bath welcomes you into the new academic year with the launch of 4W
Doors open onto the main Parade at 8:00 Monday 7
th September and stay open daily until 19:00 Monday to Friday.
4W is a place you can take a break, sink into the soft carpeted area and relax in the deep
club chairs spending time sipping on lattes and thumbing through lectures notes.
Our head chef Santiago will be preparing a fabulous variety of light food and drinks available
all day including our lunch time hot dish of the day and home-made dessert for only
The new café lounge provides a bright and modern café experience with digital screen and
plenty of room for you to stretch out in the 160 seating area.
Don’t forget 250 promotional Tiki coffee cups were handed out to the last Dol-cHe Vita
customers. To claim your cups of coffee take your promotional cup to the 4W coffee bar before
the end of September.
Join us on Monday 7
th September and experience the vibrant new Deli Counter in the Claverton
Hospitality at Bath have refurbished the Bar area and introduced a new Deli Counter for a
speedy refuel of exceptionally good coffee, scrumptious cakes and the best in lunchtime
To reduce the rush at peak times between 11:30 – 15:00 customers can use the separate Deli and
Bar area to purchase their lunchtime snacks and drinks.
Later this month there’s also a new Vegetarian Counter due to open offering a wide choice of
fresh, organic and locally sourced produce.
We have simplified our menus so that food items will now be sold as individual portions,
allowing you to create your own dish choosing from a variety of hot food, wholesome salads, lighter
pastries and breads.
We design our menus to combine the balance and nutritional standards set in the “Food for the
Brain” accreditation achieved in July 2009.
These new services provide a greater choice of food and improve the speed of service of your
dining experience at the Claverton Rooms, ensuring your lunch hour is a safe
We are pleased to announce that we were successful in our bid to achieve the ‘Food for the
Brain’ award making us an official ‘Food for the Brain accredited University’. To find out more
about the ‘Food for the Brain’ accreditation please visit
September Healthy Recipe:
Salmon & Vegetable Parcels
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 4 small potatoes, well scrubbed
- 450g (1lb) mixed vegetables, eg, carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 450 g (1lb) salmon, skinned and cubed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 30 cm (12") foil squares, lightly oiled
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Cut each potato in half lengthways. Cut each half in
half lengthways and repeat until you have 8 equal sized potato wedges.
2. Simmer the potato wedges for 5 minutes in just enough water to cover them.
3. Meanwhile prepare the chosen vegetables. Make sure they are clean, scrape or peel where
appropriate and cut into even pieces.
4. Lay the foil squares on the work surface and lightly brush with a little vegetable
5. Place equal amounts of vegetables and potatoes in the centre of each foil square and top
with the fish. (If preferred use cod or haddock).
6. Drizzle 1tsp of oil over the top of each pile of fish and vegetables, season with salt and
7. Bring the four corners of each square up to the middle and scrunch together to form a
8. Place the 4 parcels on a backing sheet and cook for 25 mins. Be careful when opening the
parcels as some steam may escape.
Claverton Bar & Deli:
Available between 9am and 11am
- Regular tea or Americano coffee and bacon roll
Available from 11am till noon
- Any regular coffee or tea and croissant
Available from 2pm till 5pm
- Any regular tea or coffee and organic shortbread biscuit
Available from 8am till 11am
- Bacon/sausage roll & regular Americano/tea
Available from 12noon till 2pm
- Hot dish of the & Wessex dessert
Available from 2.30 pm till 5pm
- Jam doughnut & regular Americano/tea
Available all day
- Salad pot, piece of fruit, carton of Fair Trade juice 200ml
Available all day
Available all day
- Organic carrot cake & a large Americano
Faitrade Product of the Month (available in participating outlets) -Faritrade Divine
Coffee Loyalty Cards
Just pick up a loyalty card from any of our outlets and collect a stamp every time
you purchase a hot drink. Buy 9 hot drinks from any of the outlets listed and receive your 10th
Purchase a thermal mug for just £4.25 and receive a free coffee or tea.
*Offers may be withdrawn or substituted without notice. While stocks last.
If you have any comments or feedback regarding the Hospitality & Accommodation newsletter
please email Jodie Whaley (firstname.lastname@example.org