Supporting teams and departments
The Staff Development Unit is keen to encourage and promote Department-based staff development such as away days, specific training events, or in-house activities. In our experience, the most valuable development activities are often those based within a Department, where the need has been identified by its staff and where there is a shared sense of purpose. Tasks and exercises can also be tailored to the specific challenges participants face.
The unit can offer support in the form of:
- Advice in developing plans, finding appropriate outside speakers
- Facilitating events
- Consultancy eg training needs analysis through to planning and delivery
- Resources – a loan service for DVDs and videos
- Reports eg departments' take-up of central Staff Development events
- Team development including diagnostics
Please contact the Staff Development Unit if you would like to take advantage of support to help plan staff development activities in your Department.
The Learning and Teaching Enhancement Office can offer developmental support for departments in the areas of academic practice (learning, teaching and research.)
For advice and support around research funding, enterprise and innovation, contact the Research Support and Development Office.